- Who: Dr. Nikita Vizniak
- What: 0301 Prohealth Movement Therapy & Yoga Anatomy
- When: June 19- 20, 2021, 9 AM to 5 PM
- Where: Firefighters’ Club , Burnaby, BC – 6515 Bonsor Ave (Metrotown)
- Registration options: Join in person or online
- Practitioner Rate: $400 for both days
- Student rate: $155 for both days
- 14 PE credits
- Q: When should I arrive?
- A: Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Q: What should I bring?
- A: Clothes that you can move around in and a yoga mat – plus PPE (face mask, disinfectant), notebook, food, and water bottle.
Self-care for you and your patients/clients. This course focuses on the use of professional terminology and strong content encompassing anatomy, kinesiology and biomechanical components with key underlying themes of tissue-specific identification, injury-based pose modification, and use of evidence-informed best practices.
We review muscles, joints, fascia and learn how compensation in one region can affect or cause imbalances in other regions and focus on the identification of prime movers, synergists, antagonists and reciprocal inhibition/contract-relax techniques as they apply to various poses and patient stretching techniques. The primary focus will be identification and correction options for common musculoskeletal issues as they can be applied in both functional movements/poses and general clinical massage therapy practice.
This course is an in-depth exploration of applied anatomy, relevant physiology and movement therapy homecare for patients and is applicable in remex/homecare with self-care overlap –exercises, sequences and protocols are designed for clinic use.