- You’re the boss and will continue to build the practice for yourself.
- Income potential is great and only limited by the hours you want to work.
- Flexibility to select own location, hours.
- You institute your own practice operations /procedures / staff to suit your style and personality.
- You determine clinical/treatment style/beliefs, select equipment, leaseholds and furniture to suit your needs.
- Flexibility to implement own marketing plan/ideas.
- No previous technique/philosophy/personality conflicts to deal with.
- Small patient volume to start and slow to build.
- Large initial start-up/capital required and will experience initial negative cash flow to start.
- Have to establish own clinic contacts, suppliers & hire and train staff.
- Hard to find experienced staff, difficult to take a vacation.
- No opportunity to view / learn other practice operations / procedures or treatment styles.
- You are responsible for and determine practice operations / procedures.
- Requires a lot of time and energy compared to other options.
- Responsible for all overhead/expenses, administrative duties, and need to have business skills to operate a clinic successfully.
- May have to spend more money on marketing in first few years.