Every doctor and therapist should own evidence-informed Orthopedic Assessment – a compact reference guide with practical content and supportive images designed to be used during practice and in the classroom.
‘Don’t guess, Assess.” – Every therapist and doctor should own evidence-informed Orthopedic Assessment, designed as a quick reference guide for students, instructors and healthcare providers. Orthopedic Assessment is a companion book for the Orthopedic Conditions Manual, Muscle Manual and Physical Medicine Manual.
This text bridges the gap between academics and practical application. Information sources include: original research articles with cutting-edge information, 1000s of cadaver dissections & decades of evidence-based, multidisciplinary clinical experience. We also demo with different sized practitioners to show variation in biomechanics and gender application (5ft/100lbs female vs. 6ft/170lbs male).
The book’s size allows for better functional use and cost-effectiveness. This text is supported by 1000s of student, clinician & instructor resources, videos, quizzes & patient handouts available on prohealthsys.com (palpation, muscle testing, orthoneuro tests, CE seminars and more).
‘Assessment is therapeutic’ – your application of skills helps to create a more accurate list of potential pathology, treatment options and relationship of trust and confidence with your patients – this text will help establish you as the expert you are.
- Execute the steps of effective clinical assessment including indications, CIs, DDx, position, contact, biomechanics & kinesiology
- Chapter quizzes & online testing material
- Video of ROM, orthopedics & regional exams
- Chapter learning objectives and outcome markers
- Regional quizzes & grading rubrics
- Follow-up evidence-based orthopedic assessment & orthopathology texts
The content, illustrations and layout format are designed to be useful during practice, and in the classroom for procedures, interpretation, clinical notes, ranking, and supportive videos accessible online. This includes current evidence best practices, with over 3500 references. There is even an eye chart, pain scale, rulers, and pupil gauge right on the back cover to use on-the-go.
In addition, this text is a valuable study guide for students, practitioners and doctors preparing for National Board Exams, State/Province Board Exams, Clinical Skills Examinations and many other standardized licensure examinations.
- Over 3500 Illustrations & Images
- Regional learning objectives and tests
- Online Video, Image & Text Resources
- Multidisciplinary Peer Reviewed (DC, DO, MD, ND, PhD, PT, RMT, RN)
- Pocket-Sized & Portable
- Clear Presentation & Logical Format Saves Time
- Perfect for Licensure & Board Exam Review
- A Must-Have for Clinic & General Practice
Number of pages: 540, Perfect Bound
Size: 6” x 9”
Weight: 1.66 lb /.75kg
Note: The Orthopedic Assessment textbook replaces Physical Assessment.
Bulk & Wholesale Options
BULK - save by buying in multi-packs:
- buy any of the latest edition textbooks in 10 packs for your classroom
- bundle 3 popular Textbooks - Muscle Manual, Orthopedic Conditions and Orthopedic Assessment
- choose 3-Pack and 4-Pack eBooks - Muscle Manual, Orthopedic Conditions & Physical Assessment ebook bundle; or Muscle Manual, Orthopedic Conditions, Physical Assessment & Physical Medicine ebook bundle
- purchase the Posture Poster (36 x 62") 3-pack and 5-pack bundles for your clinic or practice, and add your logo and contact info for quick and easy advertising
WHOLESALE: We are currently accepting wholesale applications for resellers or bulk buyers located within the United States and Canada, on orders of 10+ textbooks. If you are looking for less than 10 textbooks, consider Bundles and Bulk options.
proCentral Memberships - Which One is Right For You?
proCentral™ is your gateway to our leading edge library of resources for healthcare practitioners, educators and future medical professionals.
MASTER - proCentral Master members enjoy 24/7 online reader access to almost all Prohealthsys textbooks, online store discounts, online courses, downloadable forms, custom quizzes, images, videos and other great resources. Find out More
PREMIUM - Premium members take advantage of online store discounts, access online courses, downloadable forms, custom quizzes, images, videos, and other great resources for a low monthly fee. Find out More
STUDENTS - take advantage of special pricing of $9.95/month and get access to nearly all the same resources as ProHealth Central Master. Find out More
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS - partner with us to make it easy for your students and faculty to access our member platform, proCentral, with your own custom landing page. Find out More
Students, Instructors and Practitioners ❤ Orthopedic Assessment Textbook
“I have been in practice and teaching for over 30 years and have found no resources more useful than what Professional Health Systems offers – I require their texts for my classes.”
— Dr. Daniel DeLapp, DC, Lac, ND – USA
“I was a very good examiner, diagnostician and provided very good care to my patients and students. However, since I have purchased your book by curiosity, I have been better at what I do, and your manuals have become excellent tools to my practice. So thank you for the effort and excellent work and I will continue to support you!”
— Dr. Viet Nguyen
“Wish I had all of these books when I was in school, classes would have been so much easier. They are a great reference for the chiropractic board exams.”
—John Urbanski, DC, DCFirst.com
“Dr. Vizniak’s texts are a requisite library for chiropractic students and practitioners. These texts are the most compact, complete, logically organized, and easy-to-access resources available.”
— Dr. Thomas Souza, DC