Professionals are listed in alphabetical order for DC, DO, DPT, MD, ND, RMT (doctor level degrees require a Bachelor’s level or equivalent for entry into program) – hours show content of core curriculum at institutions and does not take into individual extra certification, continuing educational or residency hours.
Data can be independently verified and was collected from academic calendars among the top ranked programs in North America
- DC – Doctor of Chiropractic – (4614 hrs) University of Western States
- DO – Doctor of Osteopathy – (4600 hrs) Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
- DPT – Doctor of Physical Therapy – (2667 hrs) University of Southern California
- MD – Medical Doctor – (4800 hrs) Yale School of Medicine
- ND – Naturopathic Doctor – (4748 hrs) Boucher Institute
- RMT – Registered Massage Therapist – (2751 hrs) Vancouver Career College
Specific programs at different institutions will vary; charts are provided for basic comparison and education priorities of each profession, and does not imply any one profession is ‘better’ than another. Please recognize that while education plays a role in practice style, the charts below do not take into consideration post graduate education, practice preference, clinical specialization or continuing education.