Professionals are listed in alphabetical order for DC, DO, DPT, MD, ND, RMT – hours show the content of core curriculum at institutions and do not take into individual extra certification, continuing education, or residency hours. Given the huge variability, doctor-level programs do NOT include any undergrad classes.
Data can be independently verified and was collected from academic calendars of North American institutions
- DC – Doctor of Chiropractic – (4614 hrs) University of Western States
- DO – Doctor of Osteopathy – (4600 hrs) Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
- DPT – Doctor of Physical Therapy – (2667 hrs) University of Southern California
- MD – Medical Doctor – (4800 hrs) Yale School of Medicine
- ND – Naturopathic Doctor – (~4100 hrs) Bastyr University
- RMT – Registered Massage Therapist – (2751 hrs) Vancouver Career College
Specific programs at different institutions will vary; charts are provided for basic comparison and education priorities of each profession and does not imply any one profession is ‘better’ than another. Please recognize that while education plays a role in practice style, the charts below do not take into consideration post-graduate education, practice preference, clinical specialization or continuing education.