SOLD OUT!!! (add your name to the waitlist below)
Advanced Anatomy & Movement Therapies
February 19-24th, 2020
Develop your self-care for yourself and your patients, while deepening your knowledge and your practice! Join us for this all-inclusive, educational and inspiring retreat in beautiful, lush, east-side of the Big Island of Hawaii in the midst of the Canadian winter!.
This five-night retreat is for registered massage therapists, physiotherapists, naturopathic doctors, yoga teachers, acupuncturists and anyone else with a keen interest in movement therapies and anatomy. With days filled with yoga, continuing education lectures and delicious meals, your time with us in Hawaii will inspire, rejuvenate and restore your body, mind and spirit!
The retreat program focuses on anatomy, kinesiology and bio-mechanical components. Our evidence-based approach combines these topics with tissue-specific identification and injury-based pose modifications. We will review muscles, joints and fascia, reinforcing how compensation in one region causes imbalance in other regions. We will identify prime movers, synergists and antagonists though movement therapies. You will learn to incorporate reciprocal inhibition and relaxation techniques to create greater healing potential in your patients or students.
The primary focus is to identify common musculoskeletal imbalances and ways to correct them. We teach you to apply these to functional movements , poses and in clinical practice. By integrating professional handouts and resources that you can use with clients and students, hands-on learning, and lots of laughter, this course will be a wonderful balance between education, fun and relaxation.
As we step out of the mind and into the body, we will spend lots of time on our yoga mats linking knowledge and movement into an uplifting, transformative 5-night getaway.
Your Retreat Includes:
- Advanced Anatomy & Movement Therapy course (accredited for 14 PE/A2 credits for RMTs thru the CMTBC)
- All of your meals. Enjoy delicious vegetarian and vegan meals full of tropical treats, many of which are grown right on the property!
- 5-nights of shared or private “glamping”-style accommodations at the KMEC Centre
- Afternoons of free time to take an adventure. Go for a swim in the ocean, hike in the Kilauea Volcano Park, visit the cute town of Hilo with its sandy beaches and great markets, or one of the many other adventures in the area.
- 2 all-level yoga classes a day
- Program manual and patient handouts